07 Mar Your Personal Life Plan Assessment, Customized To Meet Your Specific Needs & Objectives
Knowing who you are & what you want to do with your life is a critical part of becoming independent from your business which makes creating a Life Plan for yourself one of the 4 Cornerstones. Being able to derive emotional satisfaction from activities that do not involve your business is an important part of becoming independent from your Company.
Like professional athletes that have a difficult time after their playing days are over finding something that provides the excitement & comradery of playing on a professional sports team, Business Owners will need to find that excitement & support in other activities as well.
Many Owners self-identity is associated with their business. Is your self-identity closely associated with your business? How will you create an identity that does not include an association with your Company? The answers to these questions will have a big impact on the relationship you choose to have with your business.
You need to start a conversation to answer the Who, What & Why about Yourself
The Conversation Which Leads to a Life Plan
- Who are you?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What do you want to do with your life?
- What brings you happiness?
- Who do you want to spend time with?
- What would the perfect month of your life include?
- What are you most excited to do/experience in the next 3 – 5 – 10 years?
- What steps have you already taken to the live the life you have envisioned for yourself?
Once you have these answers you can then think about how they impact the questions about your relationship with your business:
- Why did you start your business?
- What legacy do you want your business to have?
- What has been the most exciting/enjoyable part of owning a business? How are you going to replace that feeling?
- Can you live (both emotionally & financially) without your business?
- How much time are you spending now doing the activities you plan on doing after Business Ownership?
- What is your plan to increase the amount of time you spend on those activities as you transition your role in the business?
Knowing who you are and what you want from your life will allow you to develop a clearer picture of what path you want to take with your life & your business.